Posted on 30 September 2016
Are you adding magnesium to feed every Day? Only to have Most of it excreted in urine?
More-Mag™ Will last longer!
Magnesium pidolate drench for improved protection from magnesium Deficiency
Magnesium Pidolate is an organic form of magnesium which is made by compounding magnesium with a naturally occurring amino acid.
More-mag™ offers a sustainable solution for horses that don’t get enough magnesium through their normal dietary intake.
The magnesium (magnesium pidolate) contained in More-mag™ is metabolised quickly, and retained by the animal for 7-10 days.
The unique bonding between magnesium and the amino acid has three main advantages:
- Magnesium pidolate is quickly transported through the body more readily than conventional magnesium such as sulphate, oxide or chloride.
- Magnesium pidolate is absorbed effortlessly through cell membranes
- Once inside the cells, magnesium is mobilised as required. Magnesium is available when needed, for 7-10 days.
What happens When horses are magnesium Deficient?
Magnesium plays an important part in nerve and muscle function. Horses deficient in this important element can show signs of:
- muscle tremors
Magnesium has a reputation for having a calming influence on horses.
A deficient horse is likely to have a poor tolerance to work and its muscles will tie up quickly.
Magnesium is also known to play an important part in reducing equine obesity, and can lessen the risk of laminitis in prone animals during periods of strong spring and autumn grass growth.
Main causes of reduced magnesium levels:
- When grass or the hard feed diet cannot supply enough magnesium, mainly in spring and in autumn.
- Stress and environmental factors such as a snap cause a magnesium ‘redistribution’ within the animal, where magnesium moves from extra cellular fluid to the body tissue.
- Increased losses of magnesium during lactation.
- Increased losses of magnesium in sweat from higher levels of work, and from hot weather.
- Where the form of magnesium supplemented is not palatable, and deters the horse from eating
Horses have a limited ability to store magnesium.
Problems Arising from any Deficiency are therefore likely to Manifest themselves quickly
Why use More-Mag™?
Traditional magnesium supplementation has been in the form of an oxide, sulphate or chloride.
These methods have their disadvantages, and More-mag™ provides solutions to all of these issues.
More-mag™ is a liquid supplementation, ready to use; it’s not bitter so there is no need to mix into a slurry with flavours to disguise its taste.
More-mag™ comes in a sealed container, so there is no need to protect it from humidity. Where powders can go rock solid when exposed to moisture, More- mag™ is magnesium in solution, so it doesn’t even need to be shaken before use.
More-mag provides longer availability of such as sulphate, oxide or chloride. Magnesium pidolate is absorbed effortlessly through cell membranes. The frequency of supplementation is dependant on work level, and to get the best results, its recommended that vets or equine experts are involved to guide in More-mag™ usage. A 2L container of More-mag™ provides 20 doses. It’s easily stored in a tack room or stable, and easy to carry/transport in horse floats.