Mycobind Plus For Horses
Choose your product, size, colour, style and any other detail required
Choose add to cart
Proceed to checkout or continue shopping
If you over over NZ $100 your order is freight free and AUS $200 your order is freight free
If you want to find out more about me or the gear on this website you can contact me mob 022 0123 033 or 09 432 8975 or email email@example.com
We aim to ship ‘in stock’ products same day or overnight.
If you need an item urgently, email me firstname.lastname@example.org and where possible we'll ship the same day.
Where an item is not in stock we will contact you to advise expected delivery time. For such items the typical lead-time is 1- 3 weeks depending on the product involved.
Our charges & shipping methods are:
- Orders up to NZD$100.00, Postage is a flat rate of $7.50 and will be sent Post Haste or NZ Couriers. A signature is required.
- Orders over NZD$100 Freight Free and will be sent Post Haste or NZ Couriers. A signature is required
- Pick up is available by appointment
- Feed is available for pick up or local delivery only
We're happy to ship to Australian destinations. Charges are:
- Orders up to AUS $200. Postage is a flat rate of $15 will be sent by NZ Post
- Orders over AUS $200 Freight Free and will be sent NZ Post
We're happy to ship to International destinations. Charges are:
- Orders will be calculated at checkout and will be send NZ Post
Pro-Biotic Mycotoxin Binder & Gut Conditioner containing Vitamin B and Amino Acids
THE NEXT GENERATION IN FEED SAFETY & INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
MYCOBIND, A natural product with a combination of modiﬁed glucomannans from yeast cell wall and a speciﬁcally selected mineral binder.
MycoBind presents additional nutritional values through a source of Vitamin B and essential amino acids that enhances:
- Appetite Feed intake Improves Digestion Reduces Nerves & Stress
- Assists liver function Improves growth rates, health & performance
The individual components contained have speciﬁc characteristics & modes of action that will beneﬁt animals on a broader range of feed borne mycotoxins.
Aluminosilicate: May assist the reduction of bio- availability of toxins in the gastro-intestinal tract.
Bglucans: Aids to strengthen & protect natural defense system.
Mannan Ologaccharides: Aids with impacting of the gastro-intestinal microﬂora and immune system.
Pro-Biotic Gut Conditioner: Inactivated Yeast & Ben- tonite to assist the increase of beneﬁcial bacteria, hence potential to detoxify toxins in the diet.
Vitamin B and Amino Acids
Contains Fusion Dyad:
Fusion Dyad is a registered pursuant to the ACVM Act 1997, No. A11062 Produced in the United Kingdom in FEMAS accredited production facilities
NIL WITHHOLDING PERIOD
MYCOTOXINS – THE HIDDEN MENACE
Mycotoxins are toxins produced by some species of mold (myco means fungal). These mycotoxins are some of the most toxic substances in existence.
The acute intake of high concentrations of mycotoxins causes profound reductions in animal performance and increased mortality.
Toxins are found in a wide variety of feed (Hay, Haylage, Chaﬀ, Grains), pastures and soils. NZ’s pastures and our climate means we are grass and pasture are subjected to a high risk of exposure to these toxins.
Veterinarian and researchers are increasingly concerned about the eﬀects of chronic low-level ingestion of these toxins given the amount of feed that is potentially contaminated . Low-levels of mycotoxins result in arrange of symptoms of under performance that have no obvious causative agent.
Management to decrease fungal and mould infections (mycotoxin) involves treating grains at source with fungicides, adequate storage, and screening of food/ feed for toxins to assign usages depending on level of toxin. Although eﬀective in reducing high-level ingestion and acute toxicity, low levels of these toxins are in grains, especially those designated for feed.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimate that 25% of the World’s grains supplies are contaminated with fungi and mould (hence mycotoxins) at source.
Mould and fungi thrive in warm, moist conditions when there is a food source available. Most, if not all, will produce mycotoxins, especially when stressed.
NZ’s pastures and our climate means we are grass and pasture are subjected to a high risk of exposure to these toxins.
IS YOUR HORSE EFFECTED?
The symptoms associated with mycotoxin poisoning are general and include, but are not limited to;
- Trembling, unsteadiness or poor muscle co-ordination
- Erratic, Anxious, Spooky behavior
- Unexplained changes in feed intake
- Nervousness, eﬀecting the brain
- High incidence of digestive problems including an abnormal amount of mucus in the faeces
- Increased incidence of disease linked to a depressed immune system General ﬂuid retention in tissues (oedema)
- Reduced fertility- including fetal reabsorption and abortions without obvious infectious cause
- A general un-thriftiness and malaise
- Animals unresponsive to treatment for disease
None of the above is conclusive for mycotoxin poisoning, but in the absence of more typical causes, e.g. infection or poor management, then the most likely cause is a low- grade mycotoxicosis.
25% of all grains produced may be aﬀected and that premium grains are reserved for food grade the chances of mycotoxin contamination of feed are signiﬁcantly greater.
THE BEST OPTION IS A MULTI-FACTOR APPROACH INCLUDING;
- Providing the best quality feed available
- Storing feed in optimal conditions to reduce the risk of fungal growth
- Including antifungal agents in the diet formulations
- Maintaining best husbandry practices
- Providing your animals with a diet that reduces the risk of mycotoxin absorption and their metabolic eﬀects
- Binders to reduce the eﬀective concentration of mycotoxins
- Gut conditioners to increase the beneﬁcial bacteria, hence potential to detoxify toxins in the diet
- Providing dietary components that can help protect the animal by maintaining a strong natural defense system
e.g. a good source of β-glucans